Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Adrift

Oh hey people. Haven't blogged (decently) lately. The Eurotrip photo blog entry will be up soon. I'm just so busy lately. I've been editing the video from our trip and may I just say that it's soooo tedious. The handycam's the troublesome one. It's quite ancient (it uses tapes not memo sticks) so I had to transfer the video via i-link to my sony vaio. It transfers in real time so it took me about 4 hours to do just that. Then, I had to save the video on a flash disk so that i could transfer it to my Mac quickly. After that, I had to convert the .WMV file into an .MP4 file which took me another 3 hours. Since the tape is recycled, the video just overwrote the old video so I still had to edit in iMovie just to edit out the video that wasn't part of the Eurotrip. That took about an hour because it took forever for iMovie to make the video thumbnails. After rendering it and publishing it, I finally used iDvd where I could just drag and drop while it does all the creative dvd menu stuff.

I still have to make the subfolders for the pictures though. I have to categorize them by country and choose the best pictures before I can burn the Dvd.

OHMAYYYY.

On a different note, I gave up and surrendered to my curiosity. I watched the first ep of Boys before flowers! I knew about it ages ago but I just didn't have that much interest back then. And I can't believe it's actually a version of Hana Yori Dango. I know it's a version of Meteor Garden but I never thought that it was really based on a classic like Hana Yori Dango.

It was brownout today, which made matters really worse. I loved it when we were in Europe - I like cold better than hot. Now that we're back, I feel like there's a person in front of my face exhaling! Ewww. It was so hot that I lay down on the marble floor in the sala while reading Kafka on the Shore by Murakami. I bet if anybody saw me they would have laughed at me. But the marble floor was the only thing cold!

Kuya Ryan's parents formally asked Ate's hand in marriage over dinner today. We were finally able to meet the Gaston family and I'm looking forward to the wedding. Or maybe not. That'd mean Ate will be leaving after a week. Hayyyy.

No comments: