Sunday, December 21, 2008

some boring stuff

When all else fails, I can always count on a really good book to keep my mind from being stagnant. I just love how I can just pretend to be in someone else's world and learn from their experiences. For a while, I can escape reality of my ordinary life. (Not like I hate my life. I love my life. There's just this oomph deficiency. Haha.) I just read Sophie Kinsella's newest book Remember me? awhile ago after buying it last night. Haha. It was my first time to read a chick-lit book. Pwede pala. The plot goes like this:

Lexi wakes up in a hospital bed after a car accident, thinking it's 2004 and she's a twenty-five-year old with crooked teeth and a disastrous love life. But, to her disbelief, she learns it's actually 2007 - she's twenty-eight, her teeth are straight, she's the boss of her department - and she's married! To a good-looking millionaire! How on earth did she land the dream life??! She can't believe her luck - especially when she sees her stunning new home. She's sure she'll have a fantastic marriage once she gets to know her husband again. He's drawn up a 'manual of our marriage', which should help. But as she learns more about her new self, chinks start to appear in the perfect life. All her old colleagues hate her. A rival is after her job. Then a dishevelled, sexy guy turns up...and lands a new bombshell. What happened to her? Will she ever remember? And what will happen if she does?

Nothing much has happened for the past weekend since the break started. Just went to Glorietta and Powerplant last Saturday to get my share of the Mango sale. 50% baby. And ooh lala! I have a new brown padded coat for next summer (Europe). And I just gotta love all those cover-ups that were less than a thousand. The sale was crazy; we even stayed up till closing time at around 10 pm just to get most of the sale.

While yesterday (Sunday), we went to Bonifacio High street with Lola (she's 94) for a stroll and she bought me new havaianas! I'm sorry. But the last time I got one was a year ago. I think. And I think I deserve a new pair after using mine for walking like a gazillion miles. And hello Topshop elephant and koala undies sale. Hahaha.

Ugh. Nothing really inspiring or worthwhile to blog about. Obviously.

No comments: