Saturday, March 7, 2009

EHEADS FOREVAHHHH!

I just witnessed something so amazing I can't even find the right words to describe it. And my vocab malfunctioned in the process.

But there was still something that made me sad. It was a bitter-sweet event, and I found myself near to tears when they sang "Huling El Bimbo" as their supposedly last song. The Eraserheads may not have been my life soundtrack when "I was in college", but it sure painted a colorful world in my high school life. It's so surprising that my college peers aren't that rakown to appreciate their songs. It really bothers me that they don't. It's like they're missing so much on their lives!

The concert was a bit of a drag at first. And it wasn't even comforting that Francis M's unfortunate death was apparent with the atmosphere that Ely was giving off. It was heartbreaking when they sang Superproxy and Ely sang in place of Francis M. Ely even missed the queue. He was like staring into thin air. We could have sworn we saw tears. Or at least it was what we thought we saw while trying to decipher what we could see of the LCD screens.

Ely was there. But it seemed that Ely wasn't really there (I mean during the second set). He even forgot some lyrics (or he meant to forget 'em), missed a couple of notes, and even asked the crowd if he had to sing the chorus again or end the song already. Hahaha. Or maybe he was just trying to be funny. Either way, we don't blame him. It's so untimely that Francis wasn't able to make it.

If I'm not mistaken, they sang magasin as their first song. The concert started at around 9 pm and was greeted with fireworks from the stage. The stage was amazing! It was like the most amazing set I've ever seen. Even better than the ones during international concerts. They had 4 huge LCD screens hanging atop from the roof of the stage - for each band member. The lights were technicolor and there were fireworks synched with the climax of their most popular songs.

They sang 3 sets. Each with about 7 songs each. Ely even joked after the second set by saying "Thanks everyone, good night". Yeah right, as if anyone believed him anyway. Nobody moved an inch to leave. After like ten minutes, they reappeared with a new set of clothes. After what seemed like an eternity, they sang "Ang huling El Bimbo". Towards the end of the song, there were fireworks (on our side even!) and the rest was history. Ely set something on fire, literally. We were not even sure what was it exactly. It looked like an old wooden keyboard. Well yeah, I may not be a reliable source for this. We were not exactly in the VIP area, right?!

When they all bowed together, I felt so sad and happy at the same time. I almost cried, for pete's sake! Hahaha.

After that, we strolled around for 20 minutes, and let all the people pass through. When the population of the crowd went to half, we heard what sounded like a miracle! Raimund said on mic "Gusto niyo pa?". When everybody just froze and stood there, I grabbed the opportunity and screamed my tonsils out whilst grabbing Megan's arm (who also grabbed Kay's arm) and ran for it! We actually had full view of the stage and everything was a lot BIGGER. Hahaha. Megan and Kay even told me I ran so fast - it was scary and hilarious at the same time!

Megan: Alam mo ang bilis mo tumakbo! Hinihintay ko na nga lang madapa kami ni Kay e.
Kay: Onga Ishi! Grabe ka. Buti na lang tinake advantage mo nung nakatayo lang iyong mga tao.

Haha. In our new place, it was amazing! It was like what I imagined. Jumping up and down, getting all harassed with all the friction and sweat of the people whilst singing our hearts out. They sang 3 more songs. Ligaya. Maskara (I think). Toyang. I got my wish with Ligaya. Too bad Kay's wish of Kaliwete and With A Smile didn't come true.

They did different versions with a couple of their songs like Huwag mo nang Itanong and Alapaap. They gave the former one a reggae feel while Alapaap sounded like a ghost song. Hahaha. They even sang Alcohol and Ewan. And Pare ko was hella fun coz Ely's "Tang ina" was so crispehhhh. =))

It was definitely LEGENDARY! I am so sharing this with my children. Just being there was enough. And hearing the ever last El Bimbo sufficed everything.
Before entering. Okay, we can just dream VIP okay? :))



The closest we've got. Hey, at least we could actually see the band from here hahaha.
This is such a funny picture! Super rock awt!!! The air sucked. Actually all the future lung cancer patients surrounded us. The air where all the butts smelled even better. Haha.


I'M SO HAPPY THAT I GOT TO SPEND THIS LEGENDARY EXPERIENCE WITH MY FRIENDS. <3

Too bad Makis couldn't make it! And Arra. And Josel. And Kookie. And Bea. And Santi. And Raffy. And Keng. :((

P.S.
Yay me for recording some of the songs on video. :P

No comments: