Friday, March 20, 2009

Onegaishimasu!

Feeling a bit better now. I bought a loadrev form this morning and was considered a jap minor student by 4 pm. I never thought it was going to be this easy. I guess this spontaneous decision made me have one of those adrenaline rushes that makes me less stagnant. I think it's a drug! At least I'll be looking forward to the next 2 years - not getting fixed with book-ish stuff and experience something that not all people get to experience. :)

I was also able to fix my subjects already. Yeah I know, it's usually such a hassle just to talk to the psych secretary. She wasn't impatient and all-knowing today. But I guess it was just my day today. Everything went smoothly. The chairs of the departments were just there and they just signed my papers without asking questions.

I just decided on this minoring thing on my own last night. Or just this morning? The first thing I saw this morning was the Japanese studies program pamphlet...so it just hit me. I just had to do this. At least I won't feel so stagnant and useless anymore. I still want more though. But it's a start.

I already fixed my summer subject as "Fieldwork in Japan" and my practicum already. The Fieldwork in japan will have this study tour in japan and a homestay thing so I guess that'll be fun. It's not like JTA where it's 4 months, but that'll do for now. I'm still hoping that my parents will allow me to go to Japan or some foreign country during the sembreak though. Since our sembreak is only 3 weeks, and 1 week is already reserved for my Ate's wedding and Palawan, only 2 weeks will be left for Japan if ever.

And oh, one of the reasons why I've been feeling down these days is my regret over the JTA (Junior term abroad). For those who don't know, it's this thing where you go to a particular university in a particular country and take a couple of units while going on tours for 4 MONTHS. What's nice about this program is that it doesn't delay graduation. JTA students have a different schedule for 2 sems - like their classes are from april to september (I think). The minimum grade requiremnt is 2.80 and only SOM students are allowed to apply for this. Only 200+ students get the opportunity to have this privilege - they are evaluated via their grades and extra curriculars. So what's it with me? Hmm. I have a QPI of 3.34 and I just shifted from SOM. If only the JTA thing is being offered to all Ateneo LS schools. And what if I delayed shifting? I know I'm being arrogant but I'm pretty sure that I'll get in the JTA program if ever.

Moving on, if only I didn't have practicum next year, I'd probably go to that study tour in Europe thing. My blockmates and I were just talking about it last week. Good thing for them they're not required to have an OJT though. Most probably they'll go together. While I'm stuck here. Well at least the positive thing about this is that I'll learn true independence or something near that. Because if I go with my block, that'll be still considered as staying in my comfort zone. I think I need something extreme. Extreme enough for me to be scared to death and then learn and realize a lot of things in a short span of time.

I haven't actually formally discussed the minoring thing with my parents. They know I plan to but not sometime soon. But I just had to decide this on my own. I took the initiative and just jumped into it.

And I'm glad I did. I'll be saying hi to overloaded sems. This'll be exciting! Haha.

No comments: