Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Entry when I was at the lib this morning. (wifi was down)

I'm at the lib right now. I'm supposed to be studying for perso but I'm too lazy. My interest in perso vanished at my sight of grades that I know I don't deserve. I don't understand. My papers were marked average. For the first time in my stay in Ateneo, I got C+s for my papers. The only thing that supports my ego right now is by thinking that my so-called teacher doesn't have the right credentials. I mean it's unbelievable that she actually has an MA. Whenever I have questions, she'd simply ask the class or me again to answer my question. And hello, I just don't really see her teaching style effective. She relies on ppt slides too much and the exams are like comprehensive exercises. Does she expect us to like memorize the book? It's so unfair.

AND THE NERVE. Ok this is an ego thing but HOW DARE SHE! She doesn't have the right to give me these grades. This is preposterous! She wouldn't know a great paper even if it hit her in front of her face.

Okay, that was too arrogant I suppose. But this is just really hard to digest.

Moving on, I finally decided on what to double major in. Haha guess. It's IS baybeh. But no need to worry. My tracks are very much hard core enough for me to swear that an extra year in the Ateneo won't be a waste. I'll be taking the Management and the Economics tracks. So why don't I just double major in Mgt (again) or MeCo right? Here's the thing. If I double major in any of those 2 it will take me too long and I just don't want to be called a super super senior haha. And since I'm just testing the waters, I think it's just fitting that I get a moderate dose of MeCo. I wouldn't want to overdo it too much. I'll take up Acc 15, Mkt 101, Fin 101/102, and Law (11 or something else). With the eco track I'll be taking Intermediate microeco theory, intermediate macroeco theory, eco of money and banking, and developmental eco. And with those IS electives I would willingly give up...hmm. This is actually a good thing. I might get the chance to take up art-related classes (which is the number 1 thing I wanted to do to begin with).

I'll be stuck with mega loaded sems since I'll be going to that euro study tour next summer - which I hope will materialize after talking to the chair of the Psy dept regarding the practicum thing.

I couldn't sleep properly for the past few days. I'm back to my stressed and worried self - I think about things too much! Well it's better than being so frustrated about going nowhere. At least now, I know I have something out of the ordinary set in my future. I just realized how exciting and scary my next few years will be. I'd be stuck in school with hardly anyone I know and will have a lot of "new blockmates". But that's just a small problem. This will be exciting! Meeting different kinds of people and forcing myself to adapt. This is what I wanted anyway, right? Haha.

And yes, I know that I'll be delayed for one year. But I don't think that I'll actually be delayed in terms of experience. I mean the work life is always there anyway - waiting. This is the right time to study - until my brain can still handle it. And the thrill of working and earning for myself will die after a year or two. With the recession going on and with all the graduates, I really need to stand out. Well my course description will definitely stand out. AB Psychology double major in Interdisciplinary Studies under the Management and Economics tracks. Minor in Japanese studies.

Haha. Okay did that look that I was defensive? Well there are just SOME people who are just downright tactless and well...annoying. So what if I'll be a super senior? It's not like that will matter after I work anyway. I'm not that old yet. Haha. And it's just a year. This 1 year could make a lot of difference in the semi-stagnant and routine culture of work.

Anyhoo, I'm both ecstatic and scared about the next 3 years. But this will do good. It will be amazing! And it's already training for my life *wink wink*. For those who I already told, you know what this means. ;) I'll be bracing a life of....hahaha.

No comments: