Thursday, September 11, 2008



Oh my effing gosh. I thought they weren't serious about making a pinoy version of Gossip Girl. I thought they were just making this random joke in desperate need for attention. Taena hindi pala.

I'm not a big fan of Gossip Girl. In fact, I think I've only watched less than 5 episodes so I can say that I'm really not a GG expert and so so...but I DO KNOW THAT THIS IS SO PATHETIC I JUST WANT TO CRY. Is this one of the Pinoy traits that we are so proud of? Proud of copying everyone else because our ideas just go to waste as the stupid government just ignores them? (ex. Agapito Flores with his invention of the flourescent light and the other dude who invented the car which ran on water) When Phil media bought franchises (dunno the appropriate term) of international "reality" TV shows or more like "copied" them, I recovered by just cringing. You know, Big Brother, Americal Idol, Deal or No Deal, Project Runway, etc...

I guess it was excuseable at first because it somewhat mirrors our society today and we kinda need it (like for money purposes..). And for like Pinoy Idol, we do have talent naman so it's REALISTIC to have that show.

But Lipgloss (THEY SERIOUSLY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN A BETTER NAME TO GIVE THE "SHOW" SOME TEENSY BIT OF LIBERTY) is so depressing. College pips could have written something better. And the characters...oh the characters. There's nothing new about them. I'm talking about no impact! Kailangan pa nila i-describe sarili nila sa harapan mo para magets mo ung character nila. WALANG FIERCENESS. Hahaha. And isn't GG supposed to be about breaking stereotypes in a certain way? But Lipgloss ( I can't believe I'm actually referring it as a show) is so old school-seen-that-done-that-NEXT!. It's so tacky. The acting is just as horrible too. And I'm so sorry, I like Saab Magalona but I don't think acting is really for her. It was painful to watch. Seriously, I'm even her blog reader buttttt really, she should just stay pretty in school or model.

And the girl in yellow? Poor her and her acting. "Mas mayaman...mas mahirap" #$%@$%*(&*!

And Cheska Ortega, the girl in pink, she's so cute! But I dunno, there's erally something about theater people on TV. The same with Sam Concepcion. Hahaha he's so adorable! But I think's theater's better for both of them.

And the other girl...bopek mehn :))

But the intro's so funneh! What up with all the perkiness? :))

Okay, parang ang sama ko, pero kasi sana pinag-isipan na lang nila ng mabuti 'to. Alam naman siguro nilang mas madaming maiinis kaysa matutuwa diba? (Pero malay natin, I might be wrong. Could be the other way around)

Ugggh I hate it. This is so infuriating. How could they?! Nawawala na magic ng GG. One reason (or mostly) why GG's so special is because it's more like a fashion show. All the lovely designer clothes which are piled over barely-there uniforms and punchy colors just pop out of the screen.

And how pinoy of them to think of a school named Linden High. I think I'm gonna hurl.

But hey, if you're someone who loves everything stereotyped since you're a social climber(but you deny it of course), poor acting, bubble-gum teen shows that's exagerrated IT'S SO IRRITATING ALREADY, and who eats lipgloss for morning, noon, and night, then this shows for you! :D

Enjoy!

And oh, they should have thought of another color combination for the uniforms. It kinda resembles maid uniforms.

XOXO,
DOTA

No comments: