Friday, February 6, 2009

25 random things

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, then click post. Go onto your 'profile' page, and open the note. Then 'tag people in this note'.

1. I used to really hate my name. I mean c'mon, nobody could spell or pronounce it right! I thought there was really something wrong with my name. It also doesn't sound girly...so yeah i wished to be girly! I used to want the name Kisha or Patricia. But now, Denise is fine. But I prefer that you call me Ishi.

2. I have a black birthmark at the back of my head. I think it's as big as a 1 peso coin. I dunno, I never seen it naman kasi. DUH. :)) The doctor said I have it coz my mom had some sort of vitamin deficiency when she was pregnant with me. the hair that grows on that birthmark is white and sometimes really curly. I don't know why.

3. I sometimes dream in Japanese. It recurs too.

4. I used to NOT KNOW how to speak Tagalog. Maybe a couple of words I knew... But I used to be an inglesera kid.

5. I really don't like the idea that all us girls (my mom and 2 ates) have the same 1st name - Maria. I'm not saying this because it's blasphemy. It's just that my parents could have been more creative. Why name all your daughters Maria and not have them use it anyway because it's like a default name for girls (and some boys)??? I only know one girl who uses Maria - Sandra's lil sis! But besides her, I know nobody else! I also hate it when we go to other countries they all call us Maria (coz in the passport) and they look at us as if we were some retards who had all the same name!

6. I looove classic lit. Especially short stories. William Faulkner, Edgar Allan Poe...those kind of stuff. :) I really love thinking about the stories and interpreting it. Like the foreshadowing...ironies. :)

7. I don't think I'll marry. I think I could do so much more if I didn't.

8. My mom isn't sure if I'm a lesbian or not. (Despite my pink room, sunny attitude, and frilly skirts) It runs in the blood daw kasi. E hello, I might act tomboyish but I'm not a lesbian.

9. I really love high school. I know it was the time that we were kinda narrow-minded and crazy, but it was still HELLA FUN. I wish I could use a time machine.

10. For some odd reason, sometimes I like being sad. It makes me kinda drained and have energy solely for acads. Haha. Parang steady lang kasi ung feeling. No sudden happy highs and sudden depression drops.

11. When I graduate and maybe go to Masters, I'd work my ass off to hoard some money...then I'll travel. Alone. :) It's just so liberating! It's risky...but hey. I'm all about this woman empowerment and achieving self-actualization.

12. After traveling, I'd want to build my own institution/organization. Something socially oriented or something.

13. After that, when I'm all settled, I'd adopt my own kid. I did say I wasn't going to marry but I would still want to experience being a Mom.

14. I never fully understood the saying that I should finish my food because there are a lot of kids starving and eating leftovers from the trash. If I finish my food, how did that help the common good? Wouldn't it be better if I gave some of my food to others? When I was a kid I even wanted to throw my food away so that the kids will find it in the trash and have something to eat.

15. I can be really masungit sometimes. Especially when I'm doing something and I get interrupted.

16. My favorite color is green. I also like pink but I guess I kinda got sick of it coz our house is pink, my room is pink, my bathroom is pink, my toilet, basin, covers, etc...are all pink.

17. I'm really lazy when I'm reading a book and I don't get the meaning of a word. I get too engrossed to look it up in a dictionary. That's why I asked my Tita to buy me an electronic dictionary.

18. I was an Ateneo fanatic from day one. I don't think I can ever picture myself studying elsewhere.

19. I was a model once. A child model, that is. I modeled for Malu Veloso - she makes bridal/formal gowns & dresses. The fashion show was in Manila Polo Club and I walked the ramp. First and last time. Waha.

20. I used to be all touchy touchy. I was like a koala, I think. But now, I kinda feel awkward when somebody gets too close. (except for hs friends)

21. I'm bad at cramming. I usually do major papers weeks before the deadline and I fuss about getting resources and being all organized. But that doesn't mean I usually get higher grades than those LIKASNAMATALINOCRAMMERS.

22. I love my dog Coco. He's 9 nine years old and he's like my lil brother. I actually value his life more than other people.

23. I suck at drawing.

24. I used to think that all my stuffed toys talked to each other when I wasn't around. They were just shy to show me - that's all.

25. I'm scared of loopy roller coasters but I SERIOUSLY WANT TO SKY DIVE.

For people who don't have facebook, I tag : JOSEL! Haha. And whoever reads this. If you want to, that is. :)

No comments: