Sunday, April 6, 2008

pat and tap. whoa! kahit balikatrin mo pa iyong salita

Yesterday was weird. It was really my first time to wait for my turn in St. Luke's Hospital for a certain "test". Gawd, I was so nervous. The hotel lobby-like ambiance did not seem to soothe my nerves at all as I painstakingly put on one of those hospital robes. I was alone too. Only patients were allowed inside the area and I just couldn't distract myself with the too-nice-for-hospitals striped shantung curtains since I was too shaky to do that. I think the lady beside me was just too polite to tell me to NOT TREMBLE. :))

Haha.

Oh well. We all have our firsts. It was kinda traumatizing though. :/ Good thing the results turned out to be negative :) Thank God.

Checking something online made me all giddy too. I checked my grades yesterday and I just couldn't believe what I saw. Yay, it's my first time. :) I just couldn't help smiling for the rest of the day thinking of the inititals "DL". Oh well. I know that grades shouldn't be the basis of a person's existence but seeing all the hard work that you've put in for months is still something.

It isn't everything. But it is something. Numbers and letter grades should not encase your humanity or your mission in life but it does give you a little sense of achievement. Even just a little. It doesn't have to be OHMYGAWD-I'MGONNAHAVEAGREATJOBBECAUSEOFTHIS kind of grades. In fact, I don't think a D in your transcript is enough for the job interviewer to not accept you. You have to do a lot more than that. AWHOLELOT. Hehe.

But grades still gives you this gentle pat (or more like a tap) on the back. :)

-april08-

No comments: